Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Poetry!

Aloha!
During this month we've been working on writing poems and learning about different types of poems. (but now finished) And I thought I'd share some of mine!

Summer Days

Hot, humid air,
Sundresses, shorts, flip-flops to wear.
No homework to do,
Trips to the pool, trips to the zoo.
Popsicles and ice cream cones,
Reading on the hammock-alone.
Campfires, sleeping bags, and s'mores,
Oh, I wish Summer would last just a little bit more.

Star
Glowing, sparkling,
Burning, spinning, showing-off,
Looking down at me
Twinkler.

Writing
Creative, imaginative
Scribbling, scrabbling, crossing-out
Pen, paper, pages, hands
Flipping, stillness, peaceful
Reading

(SQUAWK!)

A few (SQUAWK!) weeks ago,
I got (SQUAWK!) a pet (SQUAWK!) bird,
His name is (SQUAWK!) Mo,
From (SQUAWK!) 50 miles (SQUAWK!) away,
He can (SQUAWK!) be (SQUAWK!) heard,
And he (SQUAWK!) 's all (SQUAWK!) day!

a caterpillar's day

cracks out of the egg-starts munching away,
till' the end of the day,
spins a cocoon, in there he lay,
On this fine day of May.

I hope you enjoyed this!

~E~

:)






1 comment: